Coriander Chutney



Indian cuisine has a wide range of chutneys and we all love to enhance the taste of food by adding it to our palate. Be it chaat from the north or any dish from the south, chutneys will always be a welcome.

The chutney recipe that I shall be sharing with you is the basic coriander chutney. The fragrance of fresh coriander is so aromatic and soothing. I love to use coriander for garnishing and to make chutney.




I learned to make it from very young age as this was something which I handled independently in my mom's kitchen. So every sunday when it was off from school I used to request my mom to let me make it. I can say that this is first thing that I learned to make all by my own. :)) Coriander chutney goes well with chaats, kachoris, stuffed parathas( aloo, gobi, paneer, moongdal etc), sandwiches, bhajjis/pakoras, khaman dhokla and the list is endless.




Coriander/ cilantro has numerous benefits and when consumed raw you are loaded with vitamins. It is high in fibre so good for the bowel, as well as this herb is good to promote nervous system and can stimulate the memory.

So here goes the recipe to make it.



Preparation Time  - 5 mins
Total time             - 5 mins


Ingredients


Fresh Coriander     1cup
Green Chilles         2 pieces
Ginger                   1/2 inch piece
Garlic (Optional)    2 cloves
Lemon                    juice of half lemon
Jeera/Cumin          1/2 tsp
Salt                        to taste


Method

  • Wash coriander leaves, ginger and chillies thoroughly.
  • Take the small bowl/chutney bowl of your mixer grinder.
  • Add in all the ingredients and pour in the lemon juice.
  • Cover the jar with its lid and grind.
  • Now add a little water and grind again to make a fine paste.
  • Remove the chutney in a bowl and serve.
Tips
  • Store the chutney in an airtight container in the fridge. It will remain fresh for a longer time.
  • Adding lemon juice while grinding helps retain green colour else it discolours soon.
Do share your comments in the box below.

Stay healthy and keep cooking..

Comments

Popular Posts